McGee Creek RV Park & Campground

Opening Update due to COVID-19.

Hello Campers!

I hope this finds you all well and safe during these troubling times. We have been waiting to update you because we have been waiting for a better direction on opening from Mono County. We have been diligently attending all local board meetings to push to open campgrounds. We know the releases are very confusing and this week was a very informative week with long meetings involved so I will summarize the outcome below:

What We Know:

  1. As of 5/20 – we were approved under the new variances issued by the Governor to fully enter Stage 2 (expended retail and in-restaurant dining)
  2. Mono County has not been effective in re-opening short term rentals and campgrounds.

a. They have rescinded their local order and are now referring only to state guidelines. (the local orders were only a 2nd layer to the state’s orders already in place)

What Does This Mean?:

  1. Lodging (includes campgrounds-private and gov’t) are not applicable until Stage 3.
    • The Governor advised on Monday, 5/18, that we are still a few weeks from Phase 3.
    • Prior to Stage 3, all non-essential travel/leisure travel is not permitted.
    • There are many entities in play that are strongly advocating to the Governor to make camping Stage 2.
    • Camp Cal Now – representing all private campgrounds in California, advised in the meeting yesterday that they are hoping the Governor will allow short term camping in Phase 2, and they are hoping to hear back from him, no later than next week (no guarantees)
  2.    **TENT CAMPING may be more affected directly, as the use of the restrooms is still an item for debate and they may not open. We are hoping to get more details and have answers for you soon.

How This Affects Your Reservations:

  1. June 1 is no longer a date that we can depend on for opening as we are now waiting for the Governor to advance the state (or county) into Phase 3.
  2. At this time, we have no set opening date, but we are hopeful it will be in June sometime.
    1. If you have a reservation between 6/1- 6/15(or anytime in June), you have a couple of options at this time:
    2. Please call us to reschedule or cancel (no fees-full refunds)

OR

  1. Wait a little longer (next week) to see if we can get any more answers from the Governor in the hopes that we can open up sooner.

                                      iii.    **If we don’t hear anything by Wednesday, 5/27, we will start canceling/rescheduling reservations 1 week at a time:

  1. 6/1-6/8, 6/8-6/15, etc.

We are very sorry to pass this information to you. We are still really hoping that June 1 will still happen or sometime soon after but it’s now just a waiting game with the Governor.

Please reach out to the Mono County Board of Supervisors, your local representatives and the Governor’s office directly if you would like to voice your complaints and advocate for campgrounds to open in Phase 2.

Thank you for your patience, loyalty, and understanding. We can’t wait to welcome everyone back to the Eastern Sierra. The mountains miss you and so do we!

Rediscover the joy of camping.

c_chlorura_towheeBirding in our area

Stay with us…we have RV sites (tent camping is welcome) with and without hookups

 

We’re open from The Last Week of April to the First Week of October

20140709_152427 100_2992 - Copy 20150502_145650 (2)